Google
 

2007-08-16

She and the Sauna Door

- Will you please turn the sauna on, I asked her. I was watching an extremely important TV program or something, and had thus no time at all for such domestic necessities myself.
- Shut the ventilators so that the heat doesn't escape, shall you? But don't shut them tight, as they will be extremely hard to open for fresh air when they are hot, if they are tight.
- OK, she said, and went.

An hour later, when the important TV program had ended and the sauna was hot enough, we both went down to the sauna. I was just a bit slower than her with my starting shower, and entered the sauna room a few moments after her.
- Oh, the ventilators are already open. Did you just open them?
- No, she said.
- Did you close them for the duration of the heating, as I asked you? To prevent the heat from escaping while heating up the sauna.
- No, she said.

She enjoys - or tolerates - sauna better than me. So I always leave the sauna before her.
- Will you rinse the benches when you are finished, please? And leave the sauna door just a bit ajar, so that the room will be aired and dried out by the heat, but not too quickly. Just one centimeter, OK?
- OK, she said.

The next morning I happened to visit the sauna. The sauna door was open. Well, not totally open, not even near, actually. But 5 centimeters anyway.

I try to explain. She says 'OK', but she doesn't do.
Why does she say 'OK'?

No comments: